Live on the Sunshine Coast, BC
Owned/operated by Paul Poulsen & Val Labrecque
Live on the Sunshine Coast welcomes press releases, photos, and other submissions. All submissions must be signed with your real name and must include a working e-mail address and a minimum of one type of verifiable off-line contact information (phone number, address, etc).
Live on the Sunshine Coast reserves the right to edit submissions for legal considerations, taste, and brevity.
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Live on the Sunshine Coast’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Live on the Sunshine Coast’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Live on the Sunshine Coast at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on Live on the Sunshine Coast’s web site are provided “as is”. Live on the Sunshine Coast makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Live on the Sunshine Coast does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Live on the Sunshine Coast or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Live on the Sunshine Coast’s Internet site, even if Live on the Sunshine Coast or a Live on the Sunshine Coast authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Live on the Sunshine Coast’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Live on the Sunshine Coast does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Live on the Sunshine Coast may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Live on the Sunshine Coast does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Live on the Sunshine Coast has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Live on the Sunshine Coast of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Live on the Sunshine Coast’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
9. Real Estate Listings
The information on this website is from sources believed reliable, however, no responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of this information.
The information provided for all properties displayed on this website is believed to be accurate but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified. The listing agent should be contacted in order to obtain the complete information on each property. The listing agent assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors occurring in the content of the property information provided on the site.
By using the LiveOnTheSunshineCoast.ca business profile form, you agree to the following:
10. The Agreement
This agreement constitutes a request for videography as agreed to by LiveOnTheSunshineCoast.ca (LotSSC) and the Contracting Party (Client). Requesting a business profile video does not guarantee that the Client shall receive a video. Which businesses shall be awarded a business profile video is at the sole discretion of LotSSC.
For all business profiles, the following are provided as digital downloads via an emailed link that shall remain active for five business days:
- One 60-second video profile.
- An accompanying custom cover/thumbnail for YouTube and Facebook.
- Any copyrightable works, imagery, ideas, discoveries, inventions, patents, products, or other information (collectively, the “Work Product”) developed in whole or in part by LotSSC in connection with the Services shall be the exclusive property of LotSSC.
- LotSSC reserves the right to use all Work Product, reproductions for advertising, display, publication, or other purposes. All photos, samples, video, and proofs remain the exclusive property of LotSSC unless waived by amendment to this agreement.
- Unless otherwise specified, all rights to proofs, final or sample photo prints, rough and completed video footage, audio files, graphics, and motion graphics shall remain the property of LotSSC and may be used for advertising or any other purpose thought proper by LotSSC.
- The Client is granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable license on the final photos and videos, starting on the date of delivery.
- Client affirms that he/she has received consent and permission from the property/business owner to have LotSSC capture imagery (aka – Work Product) of the subject business.
- Client affirms that he/she has received consent and permission from the business owner to permit LotSSC to use the Work Product for any purpose (excluding defamation and/or pornography), including but not limited to advertising, promotion, or any other use deemed appropriate by LotSSC.
13. Limitation on Liability
- If LotSSC cannot perform this Agreement in whole or in part due to a fire or other casualty, acts of God or nature or terror, or other cause beyond the control of the parties or due to a photographer’s or a videographer’s illness or injury, LotSSC will decline to complete the video and the Client(s) but shall have no further liability with respect to this Agreement.
- This limitation on liability shall also apply in the event that photographic materials are damaged in processing, lost through camera malfunction, lost in the transit, or otherwise lost or damaged without fault on the part of LotSSC. Client(s) limit LotSSC liability to the amount paid under this contract.
14. Additional Agreements
Any verbal agreements are null and void. Any addition to this agreement must be presented in writing by either party and approved by the Client and LotSSC.
15. Payment for Services
The business profile video as outlined in Section 11 is provided free of charge.
16. Relationship of Parties
It is understood by the parties that LotSSC is an independent contractor with respect to the Client and property owners and is NOT an employee of the Client or subject business. Client will not provide fringe benefits, including health insurance benefits, paid vacation, or any employee benefit, for the benefit of LotSSC.
17. Physical Media
LotSSC is unable to provide the Client with physical media (CDs/DVDs/hard drives/etc). Should the Client require materials in physical form, the Client shall deliver to LotSSC a 128GB USB drive for this purpose. This drive is the property of the Client and NOT LotSSC.
- If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable.
- If a court finds that any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid and enforceable, then such provision shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
All correspondence (including but not limited to email, text messages, social media, traditional mail) and conversations (including but not limited to phone calls and in person discussions) are presumed to be on the record unless and until a mutually accepted negotiation of ground rules has been successfully concluded.
Any unilateral declaration that any correspondence or conversations are on background or off the record will not be honoured.